December 27, 2011

An Ending

My apologies for the late post, being on vacation in the mountains does not lend itself to being on schedule.

A few days ago I printed out the entirety of what I written in Trust Hole, in the process reminding myself I needed to actually finish it. So that night I sat down to write what I thought would be the last two or three chapters. I finished out the climax, quite to my liking, and starting to write the first few sentences of the ending. But as I did so, I quickly realized finishing the book with a classic ending, i.e. explain how everyone ends up, what happens afterward, etc, was simply not going to work. All that information is nice, but wouldn't help the story in any way. So I simply stopped. The climax was over, the plot resolved, and the problem taken care of. And the ending is much simpler and much more effective that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked the post (or conversely, didn't) leave a comment! It helps me keep in touch with my readers, and gives you opportunities for constructive criticism and feedback! Thanks for reading!