Being a blog of writerly ramblings and jotted notes “For what is said is forgotten in time, but that which is written endures"
May 18, 2012
A Comment to the Comments
Well, since I had a little too much to say in answer to all the comments on my last post, I decided that instead of stuffing it all in the comments section and hope everyone checked back there, I would put it here.
To answer all the questions about viewing the movie; due to many of my actors' differing privacy preferences, (including my own), I doubt this movie will ever reach public viewing on the internet, though I might be able to fashion a trailer or scene preview at some point which will allow a glimpse of our work. I will get back to ya'll on that.
But seriously? 36 A's, and a collective dozen each of exclamation points and question marks; all for a junky photoshop of a sword with darkness sprayed around behind it and a fairly basic (read: unoriginal) plot line synopsis? Over excessive, much?
Keep thy cool, folks. :) Save your fanaticism for Legolas, Twilight and The Hunger Games. They need it. :P
Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy you all drooling over seemingly whatever I post, but it does get old to hear everything I do praised as if it was the latest Harry Potter movie. Just remember, as I have said before, and will continue to say, everything I apparently create has been given to me by God. And He should get the glory, not me.
So go ahead and scream with excitement every time the word "Excerpt" appears on this blog, but do refrain from putting said excitement into text. Trust me, you'll live longer for it. :)
Now, please don't take this for what it's not. I'm not asking anyone to stop commenting. I'd just rather not be the subject of uber-excitement. But here's what you can do. See, I'm just like you. The only difference is here I'm on the other end of the blog. I write, you read. But what if my writing is doing what this kind of commenting is doing, only the other way around? In other words, am I sticking myself and/or my writing on a pedestal to be admired and above reproach? Am I asking (not in so many words, of course) for all the attention and praise I 'say' I shouldn't have?
So keep me accountable. Let me know if I'm being stuck-up, or asking for praise and approval for my work. This blog should point to God, but if all it's doing is pointing to me, then it's failed in its purpose.
And finally, thank you all. Thank you for every single wonderful comment you've ever posted here. I truly appreciate them.
Sincerely, Farjag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nope. You're not stuck up or prideful. If your work deserves a good word, I put one in.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think that God is reflected clearly through your work. Exuberance is one thing, but in my mind you're definitely not on a pedestal. God made you. He made your fingers, your mind, you eyes––obviously, without Him you wouldn't be here. The End.
Delete*Salutes back*
ReplyDeleteWell, I was more excited over the fact that you'd managed to pull together to work so hard on a movie for so long than the thing itself - my comment was rather vague like that, because I'm unhelpful xP
ReplyDeleteIt was the endeavour I meant to praise, not just squeaking for the sake of squeaking, honest!
Oh, yeah, and I agree with Aubrey too :P
You're definitely not stuck-up. As for my comment...well, I tend to get pretty dang hyper at times, and when I posted that comment I was in a hyper mood. XD So yeah.
ReplyDelete