And I'm back! Hopefully :) This one is for Charley, who wanted mo' metaphor!
There you stand and here stand I
Looking out across the sky
Stormclouds are piling high
Thunder riders, hear them cry
"Chase them down; sound the horn!
Our prey must be caught by morn!"
Wisps of fur from the skyrim torn
Wolves charging forward windborne
Flaming steeds streak across the black
Lightning horses never turn back
Riders o' the clouds, whips they crack
Chasing down the wolfkin pack
Hooves of fire rumble on the cloud
Paws of white speed along the ground
Trees and grass before them bowed
Riders and their stallions, standing proud
Hunt eternal, speeding ever on
Riders of thunder, mounted high upon
Steeds of fire, here, now gone
This is the hunt of the stormspawn
Fell wolves of wisping white
Jagged jorses of electric light
Thunder riders, black as night
All imagined in this stormsong fight
There you stand and here stand I
Looking out across the sky
Deep in clouds beyond our eye
Imagination soars out high
Stormclouds are piling high
Thunder riders, hear them cry
"Chase them down; sound the horn!
Our prey must be caught by morn!"
Wisps of fur from the skyrim torn
Wolves charging forward windborne
Flaming steeds streak across the black
Lightning horses never turn back
Riders o' the clouds, whips they crack
Chasing down the wolfkin pack
Hooves of fire rumble on the cloud
Paws of white speed along the ground
Trees and grass before them bowed
Riders and their stallions, standing proud
Hunt eternal, speeding ever on
Riders of thunder, mounted high upon
Steeds of fire, here, now gone
This is the hunt of the stormspawn
Fell wolves of wisping white
Jagged jorses of electric light
Thunder riders, black as night
All imagined in this stormsong fight
There you stand and here stand I
Looking out across the sky
Deep in clouds beyond our eye
Imagination soars out high
This. Is. GORGEOUS! Seriously, this is an awesome piece - descriptive and evocative, but not too overladen to lose the epicosity of the event itself.
ReplyDeleteLoving the rhyme scheme too, though it does wibble in a couple of places (might just be my British inflection crashing into your American one, though).
Fantastic stuff! And I'm blushing all over the place that I got a mention. Thank you :)